Dell Error code 0142 means that the hard drive has failed and requires a replacement. The SATA or IDE cable replacement in this regard may work for some users, but it is only a way around not an accurate resolution. The Dell Error Code 0142 when happened in your system, some users received a Blue Screen problem and after being able to boot up in safe mode or in safe mode with networking/with a command prompt. However, the users can easily fix Dell Error Code 2000-0142.
Steps to Fix Dell Error Code 2000-0142:
Step 1: – Check Computer and Hard Drive Error Connection
• Open up your computer, and ensure that the cabling connecting your hard drive to the motherboard is secure.
• Make sure that all of the mounting screws are tight, and the Dell hard drive is correctly fitted inside of the case.
After performing may be Fix Dell Error Code 0142 resolve, if it is not, and then go to the next step.
Step 2: – Check Disk
You should ensure that your Dell hard drive is properly installed in your computer, if its, then you can try an option to perform a disk check. If your computer is able to boot to the Windows desktop, as you just need to run a disk check from the Command Prompt.
• Open your Windows Command Prompt, and enter “chkdisk/r” to start running a check on your installed disk drives.
• Then Windows will attempt to repair it, and if it is successful, it will be superior to go, or if it is unsuccessful, then you can continue trying to fix this from your computer’s boot menu.
• Now hit “F2” key to enter the BIOS Setup menu, then your installed hardware should be listed there. If you are unable to see your hard drive, then follow to the next step.
Step 3: – Perform ‘Diagnostics’
• Press “F12” key, and then choose ‘Diagnostics’ option.
• After choosing the Diagnostic menu, you can attempt to detect and repair faulty hardware.
If still, if you are receiving the Dell error code 0142, then you take experts help to fix it.
Call at Dell Customer Support & Get Online Help For Issue:-
You can call at Dell Customer Support Number +1-800-204-4427 to fix Dell Error Code 2000-0142 or get instant online help with our certified and dedicated technical support experts in order to solve the problem. They will give you online support & easy instructions to troubleshoot Dell error code 0142. In addition, experts are able to provide remote support, as they will take your system, detect the actual reason of error, and repair the same remotely without any issue. Hence, you will get comprehensive support & guidance to fix other Dell error or technical issues. So, call us immediately to take urgent help.