Windows backup and restore service is one of the important feature provided by the Windows Operating systems. Via this feature one can backups their data files regularly and restore when needed. But sometime this advance feature starts showing an error message while trying to create or restore backup. An error 0x800700b7 can appear when you try to create a backup of your data via Windows backup and restore services.
This is the only error that can affect the entire backup and restore process, due to this issue one cannot restore their data. If you are Unable to Backup and Restore Because of Error 0x800700b7 in Windows System then don’t worry as you can easily solve this issue without calling any professional or paying money to any other. You need to do is, simply read this entire article carefully and apply the given instructions carefully.
The Backup and Restore Error 0x800700b7 shows that any system changes recently occurred by the user which is not compatible with the system. Undo the recently modified hardware or software changes and see what happens, if problem gets fixed then OK otherwise you need to apply some other tricks.
Methods to Get rid of System Restore Error 0x800700b7 on Windows System/Laptop
You should apply the given manual method to fix this bug. Through this you can also restore the Registry database of your Windows system:
- First of all you need to open the registry editor window, to do this go to the search and type regeditin the search bar, hit Enter key. From the search result select the registry editor for open.
- Enter the administrator password if asked, and
- After it, go toHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache location with the help of left navigation pane.
- Right-click on the key and choose Select to save the key as a backup.
- After creating the backup of the key,now delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\Microsoft\Windows from the Registry.
- Reboot the system and you will see that 0x800700b7 error message has gone.
What to do if not able to apply the above given manual method. Even unable to solve this issue after applying the above trick? The answer is very simple, you need to Dial Dell Support Number 1800-582-2431.